Tuesday 30 October 2012

Drawing Human Anatomy


As I will be concepting and modelling human characters I will need to do extensive research into the Human Anatomy. This will be a very important part of research as I will have to look at muscle form and the structure of how the human body is perceived and indeed formed. This is also very important as the human eye and brain are very good and telling whether something is atomically correct as we look at human form everyday. To also help me learn about the human form I will attend life drawing classes as the best way to learn about the human form is by drawing it.


 Methods

When I began learning about the human form I started looking into different approaches of figure drawing, as this was key in the methods that are available to me as an artist. I have looked at two different ways; observational and formulaic, Observational drawing is the origins of sight-size and the methodology in which trains the human eye to view a particular subject with accuracy, by placing the object and the drawing side by side for comparative analysis. Observational drawing is a complex process that requires a high amount of reference material.

Formulaic figure drawing is another method of drawing that uses abstract rhythms or interlocking shapes to build upon. Once these formulas are memorised by drawing from life, you have a set of tools to go back to, allowing you to design from your imagination if you wish to. Observational drawing sharpens the eye and mind to capturing a likeness without using abstract concepts, formulaic drawing gives you a set of tools to develop both from life and most importantly, from your mind’s eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment